Bug catching
Today the kids and I spent the morning making a bug catcher. Maddie is still our little entomologist and loves going on bug catching expeditions. The first step was to nail the boards together. She did a great job with the hammer. After the wood was assembled, it was time to tie a string handle. Next step: mesh, then a door. Maddie's favorite part of the process was painting the new catcher. We used our books about bugs as inspiration. After the paint was dry she went out on a bug hunt. We'll let you know what new "pets," as she refers to them, we find. What a fun first day alone with the kids. Matt started school today. It has been a wonderful season of all of us together. The day was not the same without him. We have definitely been spoiled. But I know that God has special plans in mind for each of us and I am excited to have some time to devote all my attention on the kids.

2 Comments:
So fun! Kim, you're such a great mom. I can't wait to see where Maddie's entomologic tendencies lead. Is this the making of a budding scientist? What fun to have family close enough to get together more frequently. We miss you guys so much. We've been taming ligers at OCF, wish you could join us...
allison
Love the bug expedition! Way to go budding homeschool mom! you're well on your way there. Are those usborne books?
Sophie says, "Hi Maddie! I love you. I hope you have a good time catching bugs! I miss you. Love, Sophie"
Post a Comment
<< Home