Trip to the National Zoo

We are learning alot about the culture of the DC area. Tip number 1: Go to the National Zoo on a day where the threat of rain is 60% or greater. Sounds crazy (and when Matt suggested the idea I was quietly wondering if it was going to be a successful visit) but it was a wonderful day. The crowds were minimal (all the smart people stayed home), and we all had a blast. The kids were amazed at the exhibits and it was a great chance to teach them about nature and creation. Maddie's favorite animal was the chamelion shown below and Michael's favorite was the elephant. We hope to take that trip many times while we are here...maybe with some of you.



2 Comments:
Oooh, we could meet there sometime! That would be so much fun! We haven't been in a while--a year, maybe? I love the tip about going when it looks like rain! That is so true! : )
Hey guys! We are here! Well, actually, Ellie and I are just here. My grandmother passed away on Sunday morning, so we are here for the funeral in NJ at the end of the week. So, we have changed our plans. Greg is joining us in Chesapeake Beach on Saturday and we'll be here the following week as well. We'd love to get together with you guys. Maybe us adults could get together and go to the city or something? I am not sure if you have anyone willing to do childcare yet, though.....not that we don't want to see your kids though too and I am sure Ellie would love to play with them. We are pretty open. So, if you are available next week at all, please let me know. I am still able to check e-mail at pitzr@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you!
Post a Comment
<< Home