Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Good Ole Fashion S'mores

Summer Days are here and what better way to enjoy it than with S'mores. We went over to our good friends, the Browns, had a fun time. Maddie and Mary enjoyed catching bugs and finding "gold" (which we later discovered was pieces of broken glass...thankfully no one was hurt). We roasted marshmallows in their outdoor Chimeneya (sp?) and had a great time. It is good to have friends close by. We have (by God's providence) been assigned with the Brown's 3 times now. I also was at SOS in Maxwell when they were there. Definately a great thing.

The last picture is of me cleaning our gutters on the roof 2 stories up. Don't let anyone say we aren't good tenants. Actually, Kim got a newsletter about the mosquito problem down here and next thing I knew I was out on the roof risking my life. It was fun.

Anyways, school is going great. I am studying in the mornings (getting up at 0300). It means early bedtimes, but I get to spend time with the family in the evenings. It's a good trade off. Keep me in your prayers. God bless, more to come soon


 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I miss you all! I love you site! Matt, I can't believe you are getting up at 3:00am. I am sure Phil can sympathize with the long hours.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoyed it too. Even with the "gold," the sand in the eye, and the throw-up. Just part of the day with 5 kids 5 and under (7 if you count Alec and Ethan's visit.)

Here's the post I was telling you about, it's called Young Men: http://humblemusings.com/archives/2006/05/09/young-men/

Also, here's the marine mom I read from time to time: http://www.blestwithsons.com/

And, one of my favorite blogs, a gracious home: http://agracioushome.com/

Most of her posts are great, this one's a must read:
http://agracioushome.com/?p=27

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoyed it too. Even with the "gold," the sand in the eye, and the throw-up. Just part of the day with 5 kids 5 and under (7 if you count Alec and Ethan's visit.)

Here's the post I was telling you about, it's called Young Men: http://humblemusings.com/archives/2006/05/09/young-men/

Also, here's the marine mom I read from time to time: http://www.blestwithsons.com/

And, one of my favorite blogs, a gracious home: http://agracioushome.com/

Most of her posts are great, this one's a must read:
http://agracioushome.com/?p=27

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, our computer said the first one didn't work. I guess it did. Sorry!

I'm with Kristi on the 3 AM thing. That's still night in my book. I was a little sad this morning when I was awakened at 7:30 this morning instead of my normal 8 AM. I guess I should just be try to be thankful for anything after 3 AM!

Kristi--You guys will just have to come to DC, or maybe meet us all wherever the Browns and Ubers move next.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

pregnancy week by week