Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January Happenings

I just came back from a trip to Penna. It was my mother's birthday so my sister and I loaded kids and scrapbooking materials into our respective vehicles and braved to long trip. My driving time was 8 hours with stops and hers 6 with stops. The fun didn't stop with the commute. We then piled into my parents 3 bedroom house with 6 grandkids ages 7 years to 2 months. Oh, did I mention that my brother lives in one of the bedrooms and there is a family dog and two cats. It was a little like camping.

The kids had a blast. They played Wii, went to an indoor playgym, came out shopping with mom, played with the electric train, and ate pap-pap's fudge. Unfortunately, Maddie got sick during one of our outings and two days were spent recovering.

Matt was able to take advantage of the week without us by revising his research manuscript, taking in the same movie twice at the theaters, hosting the college group from church, and relaxing in the evenings.

They week has passed and we are now home again. The van is unloaded and laundry nearly done. It has been a bit of a challenge getting into the swing of school again.

Lily's latest: tantrums and dramatic playing

Amelia's latest: sleeping 8 hours at night

Michael's latest: Sounding out words

Maddie's latest: improved reading

Matt continues to do well in his clinical rotations. He is currently at a private hospital and enjoys the added perks of catered meals for staff.

As for myself, I have rejoined the MOPS group at our church and have been pouring over my library of homekeeping and organizational books.

So just a brief update.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just going to send you a comment to tell you to update your blog!! Thanks for reading my mind!! Ha. YOU are a traveling FOOL!!! I am amazed by your outings with the whole gang! I can barely make it to Wal-mart and home these days!!

The kids are adorable! I think you should definitely keep them!

Love, Leah

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to LA and then Seattle for Christmas. Our friends in LA have 3 kids, a boy Mary's age, a girl David's age, and an 11 month old. David did NOT like having a baby around and losing his youngest child status. Also, their oldest is 4 1/2, he didn't like losing his oldest status and was a little miffed that Mary could read and he couldn't. They all had fun, but the dynamics were interesting to see. They're thinking of adopting from Kenya, they've now decided not to adopt any older than 4!

8 hours of sleep is awesome! She's definitely a keeper.

Michael and Maddie's reading is great, too. I'm so glad that's going well.

I want catered meals.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

pregnancy week by week