Monday, March 03, 2008

My new bestfriend, the "Cleaning Lady"

Well I did it! I had a cleaning lady come to the house today. Oh, the joy, Oh! the peace, Oh! free and breezy feeling. Now I am wondering why I procrastinated doing this. The family worked together to get the house tidy over the weekend. My new best friend came today around 9:30 and worked for 3.5 hours dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning bathrooms. Gone is the overwhelming feeling of being behind. I had been struggling lately to keep up with the housework. I am hoping this is the boost I needed to maintain. So gone is the pride that I have to do everything myself or I am a failure. Thank you hubbie for convincing me that this would be a good thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Momma B. said...

Wow! My Dear M-i-L tried to convince me to do that and even said she would pick up the tab but I never got around to it. Maybe I should have, eh? Glad you are making some progress!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWAAAA-EEEET!!!!! I need a best friend too.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Bob and Claire said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful!!! I have some friends who do this, and I tell you, if we ever move to a lower cost of living place, that is the first place I will spend the extra money. A cleaning person would be so hlepful. Keeping things tidy takes up all of my time and energy--it is so hard to do the deeper cleaning, along with laundry, schooling,cooking, etc. I am so glad you did this!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Beth&fred said...

Glad you finally got a Putz Frau. Beth loves her's. It is so nice to have a peice of mind that your home is tidy & welcoming (and your helping someone else out also). You guys are like us, so way behind with the Blog. That's why we never type on it. Miss you guys; it was great having Matt visit. ~fred

10:21 AM  
Blogger 1st Amendment said...

Hey Matt and Kim. Another year comes to an end. We fully agree! We love having a cleaning lady. beth resisted me getting one, but now she wishes we had one our last tour in Germany. It's so nice coming home from work & the gym...to a clean home. I resented coming home to doing chores after work and on Saturday. It's nice having that freedom and helping someone else earn money. We are looking forward to being in our 9th Small Group and this will be the 4th Group that we have led. God has blessed us with such great ministry opportunities to grow in community relationships and spiritual growth. ~love fred (and Beth).

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

pregnancy week by week