Rejoicing
Well a week had passed from the time our season of test began. Every time the family went out to the van I would look around just waiting for my ring to come into view. It never did. Due to the strange occurrences surrounding losing it, I had faith that if the Lord chose I would find it.
Monday rolled around and once I had the kids settled into activities, I went out to the Van with shopvac in tow. I thought that if I couldn't see down those crevices the suction might be enough to dislodge the elusive ring. Moreover I could contain it and look in the dirt that I had sucked into the canister.
So I began to thoroughly clean and vacuum. It was therapeutic. Having things clean and organized again was going to be a side blessing to all of this. I had that strange sense like when you know a pet is not in the house (my cat used to get out all the time) and I just knew it was not in the van. I went to the passenger side rear sliding door. Deciding to check once again in the under tracking I noticed a something shiny. THERE IT WAS!!! I immediately put is on my finger and have not taken it off since. Praise God. The ring should have fallen out of the door and I am convinced that an angel tossed it within the door mechanics.
How many times had we come in and out of the that side of the van? The kids were excited to see it on my finger again.
I waited to hear from Matt. He called to say that the prof. had reviewed the test and threw out one question bumping his grade to an 80. This adjustment moved his overall average to an 85, meaning an A is within reach. I was then able to share by praise as well. It was wonderful to rejoice together.
Now another week has passed. We are all doing well. I am in full school mode with the kids. Our morning routine goes pledge of allegiance (looking out the front door to our flag) on our knees for prayer, bible story, Phonics, a little science fun(this month we learned more about bugs) our five in a row book and project, a break for play and lunch, handwriting, and math. Truthfully I don't fit everything in everyday, but we do bible, phonics, FIAR daily.
Yesterday morning I finished up the bible story and Maddie who was sitting beside me on the chair looked at me and said, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I was puzzled and said "what are you thinking?" She loudly explaimed "PHONICS!!!!" I had to laugh. Yeah that's right phonics. I don't want to be too rigid in our schedule (if you know me you know that I am not really all that rigid about much) but I love that we both know what comes next. It helps her to feel comfortable and have expectations. I do try to vary activity within activity.
It is all a learning experience. I am loving it.
Monday rolled around and once I had the kids settled into activities, I went out to the Van with shopvac in tow. I thought that if I couldn't see down those crevices the suction might be enough to dislodge the elusive ring. Moreover I could contain it and look in the dirt that I had sucked into the canister.
So I began to thoroughly clean and vacuum. It was therapeutic. Having things clean and organized again was going to be a side blessing to all of this. I had that strange sense like when you know a pet is not in the house (my cat used to get out all the time) and I just knew it was not in the van. I went to the passenger side rear sliding door. Deciding to check once again in the under tracking I noticed a something shiny. THERE IT WAS!!! I immediately put is on my finger and have not taken it off since. Praise God. The ring should have fallen out of the door and I am convinced that an angel tossed it within the door mechanics.
How many times had we come in and out of the that side of the van? The kids were excited to see it on my finger again.
I waited to hear from Matt. He called to say that the prof. had reviewed the test and threw out one question bumping his grade to an 80. This adjustment moved his overall average to an 85, meaning an A is within reach. I was then able to share by praise as well. It was wonderful to rejoice together.
Now another week has passed. We are all doing well. I am in full school mode with the kids. Our morning routine goes pledge of allegiance (looking out the front door to our flag) on our knees for prayer, bible story, Phonics, a little science fun(this month we learned more about bugs) our five in a row book and project, a break for play and lunch, handwriting, and math. Truthfully I don't fit everything in everyday, but we do bible, phonics, FIAR daily.
Yesterday morning I finished up the bible story and Maddie who was sitting beside me on the chair looked at me and said, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I was puzzled and said "what are you thinking?" She loudly explaimed "PHONICS!!!!" I had to laugh. Yeah that's right phonics. I don't want to be too rigid in our schedule (if you know me you know that I am not really all that rigid about much) but I love that we both know what comes next. It helps her to feel comfortable and have expectations. I do try to vary activity within activity.
It is all a learning experience. I am loving it.

5 Comments:
YEAH! You are blessed! I had a feeling you would find the ring, and I'm so glad you did.
Great job with the kiddos and home schooling. As I recall from grade school I did like knowing what was coming next, and a schedule to the day made things comfortably predictable.
Are you guys going to visit anytime? We really missed seeing you at WSS.
We find out next week what sex the baby is...we are both so excited to find out!!!
Glad to hear you are well. Matt- you can do it, keep plugging away!
Praise the Lord! I was so glad to read this post and see that things are looking up and especially that your ring was found! What a tough patch to get through. You all have been on my mind often these past few days. I'll try to call next week (should have claled this week but just haven't felt that well or have been napping in the afternoon!) : )
What a cute comment from Maddie. That's hilarious. So glad you found your ring. I know that feeling! Keep up the great routine!
So glad you found your ring~I admire you for homeschooling, sounds like you are off to a great start! Wish we got to see you guys when you came to visit- Hopefully next time!
You sound so nice and organized with the home schooling! I am so sparatic, but am ok with it at this point, since she is just Pre-K. I was in Ohio for the weekend and drilled Christa and Dana a little more on the topic. I'd love to talk to you too. To each his own, but it is nice to get some advice from the veterans! Congrats on finding the ring!
Post a Comment
<< Home